Nano Ceramic Coating-Nanolex Germany
How to use Nanolex Si3D HD
Processing temperature: 5-30°C – Avoid direct sunlight and/or high air humidity.
- Nanolex Si3D HD can be applied directly to all clear-coated (lacquered) surfaces. The lacquer surface must be dry and free of any contamination or dust. We strongly recommend to use Nanolex EX directly before the application to make sure that all oils/fillers and other dirt are removed completely from the surface. Use Nanolex microfiber towels and turn or exchange cloth frequently during cleaning/polishing.
- If the car was machine polished before the application it is absolutely necessary to remove any (mostly invisible) fillers and oils – if those are not removed a white or grey hazing will appear on the paint once Si3D HD was applied. The paint sealant layer itself is too thin to be visible and can easily buffed off – only fillers and oils will become visible. We recommend to wash the car with Nanolex PreWash after the paint was machine polished to safely remove the majority of the contamination.
- Spread 5-10 drops/m2 of Nanolex Si3D HD on a microfiber applicator pad and apply it sparingly by rubbing in with light pressure in criss-cross motions. Remove the coating residue with a soft microfiber cloth after a maximum of 3 minutes. There is no pressure necessary to remove it completely.
- Let Nanolex Si3D HD cure on the surface for at least 12 hours (at ambient temperature, assuming 20°C) before the first water contact. Do not wash the car within the first 72 hours.
Curing time depending on temperature: @50°C: 3-4 hours @80°C: 2 hours
Your car is now protected with a Nanolex Car Care coating
It is now much easier to clean because dirt just can’t stick to the surface as before, but it will still become dirty at some point. You don’t need as much cleaners as before, also the cleaners that you use don’t need to be very harsh to remove all the dirt that has settled on the surface. This is why we’d like you to consider the environment and not to use harsh chemicals.
- The sealed surfaces should not be covered with other products such as wax or polymer sealants. Those products cover the coating layer and thereby the easy-to-clean effect that it provides. Please also keep in mind that abrasive polishes will remove the protective layer.
- To make sure the sealant has maximum durability and performance please be advised: In general we recommend to always wash the car by hand using Nanolex Car Care maintenance products. This way the condition of your paint will be preserved since much less micro-scratches will be inflicted. Also Nanolex products will guarantee that the coating layer is preserved, it will even add performance and durability to it if you use Nanolex Reactivating Shampoo, Nanolex WashCoat or Nanolex Final Finish. If you wash the car the by hand, please make sure that you are always using a high quality wash mitt and drying towels to make sure that scratches and marring is avoided as far as possible. If the car is cleaned in automated car washes make sure that soft textiles are used for cleaning to avoid major damage to the cars’ exterior.
- It is not necessary to use highly alkaline or acidic wheel cleaners – the protective layer that is now on the wheels makes them much easier to clean – Nanolex Wheel Cleaner & Iron Remover will absolutely suffice to clean the wheels completely and gently.